HDW Class 216
HDW Class 216 Submarine is a long-range multi-mission two-deck fuel cell submarine with exceptional endurance.
It features two pressure-tight compartments, high crew comfort levels and an extremely flexible payload for weapons and mission-orientated exchangeable equipment enhanced by the innovative Vertical Multi-Purpose Lock (VMPL).
- PERMASYN® propulsion technology
- Lithium-ion battery technology
- Composite propeller
- High, proven automation level
- Compact sail
- HABETaS® rescue system
The modular weapon and sensor mix, in combination with the submarine's air-independent features, makes the HDW Class 216 predestined for
- Anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare
- ISTAR - Intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance
- Land attack capability
- Special Forces operations
- Deployment of unmanned vehicles
- Mine operations and mine reconnaissance.
|LOA||~ 90 m|
|Pressure hull ø||
~ 8.1 m
~ 4,000 t